Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trifle- AKA The Best Dessert Ever

So my former coworker used to spoil us rotten by making this phenomenal dessert. It is amazingly rich and chocolatey yet so light that it's almost sinful. Don't get me wrong, it isn't light on calories I'm sure but I choose to ignore that fact.

I made this (condensed version) for Easter and it was a huge hit. I unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) didn't have any leftovers to bring home.

The full version is double of everything and you need a VERY BIG bowl. The half version that I'm posting fit nicely (with room to spare) in the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl.

Okay okay, now on to the good stuff.

Ingredients:

1 box of chocolate cake (whatever kind you would like)
1/2 bag of peanut butter chips
1 box of chocolate pudding (I used Fat Free, Sugar Free)
2 cups of cold milk (to mix with the pudding)
1 tub of Cool Whip (I used Cool Whip Light)
a few bars of butterfingers, crushed, chopped, whatever you want


Directions:
Bake the cake according to the directions, I made 2 9'' round cakes and only used about 3/4 of 1 for the trifle. Let cool completely. While this is baking/cooling, make your pudding and keep in fridge, also crush, chop, whatever the butterfingers and set aside till you need them. Tear up the cake and make a layer in the bottom of dish. Melt peanut butter chips in microwave or on stovetop. Pour over cake. Layer 1/2 of the chocolate pudding over the peanut butter. Layer 1/2 of the Cool Whip over that. Top with 1/2 of the butterfinger yummies. Repeat Pudding, Cool Whip, Butterfinger layers 1 more time. Now step back and try to control the overwhelming desire to put your face right in the bowl and start nomming.

A large spoon is reccomended for serving and eating. Preferably 1 with a long handle so that it takes less time from bowl to mouth.



Enjoy!

No comments: